Last updated: 25 August 2019
This agreement applies as between you, the User of this Web Site and Big Gold Ltd, the owner of this Web Site. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Web Site. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Web Site immediately.
Definitions and Interpretation
In this Agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|"Content"||means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Web Site;|
|“Big Gold Ltd”||means Big Gold Ltd, 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ|
|“Service”||means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that Big Gold Ltd makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future;|
|"System"||means any online communications infrastructure that Big Gold Ltd makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;|
|“User” / “Users”||means any third party that accesses the Web Site and is not employed by Big Gold Ltd and acting in the course of their employment; and|
|"Web Site"||means the website that you are currently using (www.biggold.co.uk) and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- Intellectual Property
All Content included on the Web Site, unless uploaded by Users, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of Big Gold Ltd, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. By continuing to use the Web Site you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable United Kingdom and International intellectual property and other relevant laws.
Subject to sub-clause 2.3 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the Web Site unless otherwise indicated on the Web Site or unless given express written permission to do so by Big Gold Ltd.
Material from the Web Site may be re-used without written permission where any of the exceptions detailed in Chapter III of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 apply.
- Links to Other Web Sites
This Web Site may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Big Gold Ltd or that of our affiliates. We assume no responsibility for the content of such web sites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Web Site does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
- Links to This Website
Those wishing to place a link to this Web Site on other sites may do so only to the home page of the site https://www.biggold.co.uk without prior permission. Deep linking (i.e. links to specific pages within the site) requires the express permission of Big Gold Ltd. To find out more please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You agree that, if you have provided Big Gold Ltd with personal data relating to a third party (1) you have in place all necessary appropriate consents and notices to enable lawful transfer such personal data to Big Gold Ltd and (2) that you have brought to the attention of any such third party the Privacy Notice available on the Big Gold Ltd website or otherwise provided a copy of it to the third party. You agree to indemnify Big Gold Ltd in relation to all and any liabilities, penalties, fines, awards or costs arising from your non-compliance with these requirements.
Big Gold Ltd makes no warranty or representation that the Web Site will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our Service.
No part of this Web Site is intended to constitute advice and the Content of this Web Site should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
- Availability of the Website
The Service is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and / or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
Big Gold Ltd accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Web Site resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
- Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Big Gold Ltd accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Web Site or any information contained therein. Users should be aware that they use the Web Site and its Content at their own risk.
Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or restricts Big Gold Ltd’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on the part of Big Gold Ltd.
Every effort has been made to ensure that these terms and conditions adhere strictly with the relevant provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977. However, in the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
- No Waiver
In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
- Previous Terms and Conditions
- In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
All notices / communications shall be given to us either by post to our Premises (see address above) or by email to email@example.com. Such notice will be deemed received 3 days after posting if sent by first class post, the day of sending if the email is received in full on a business day and on the next business day if the email is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
- Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions and the relationship between you and Big Gold Ltd shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales and Big Gold Ltd and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Last updated: 27 May 2019
Big Gold Ltd makes no warranty or representation that this website will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of this website.
No part of this website is intended to constitute advice and the content of this website should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
No part of this website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance. No goods and / or services are sold through this website and product and / or service details are provided for information purposes only.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that all graphical representations of products and / or descriptions of services available from Big Gold Ltd correspond to the actual products and / or services, Big Gold Ltd is not responsible for any variations from these descriptions.
Big Gold Ltd does not represent or warrant that such products and / or services will be available from us or our premises. For this reason, please contact us prior to visiting if you wish to enquire as to the availability of any products and / or services. Any such enquiry does not give rise to any express or implied warranty that the products and / or services forming the subject matter of your enquiry will be available upon your arrival at our premises.
All pricing information on the website is correct at the time of going online. Big Gold Ltd reserves the right to change prices and alter or remove any special offers from time to time and as necessary. All pricing information is reviewed and updated every month.
Big gold Ltd is a UK based company registered with companies house, registration #11923521 and registered office at 71-75 Shelton Street, London, WC2H 9JQ.
Terms and Conditions of Service
- General Terms
- You must be aged over 18 years and be the legal owner of any property they wish to sell or attempt to sell any items to Big Gold Ltd.
Each customer must guarantee that:
- All items sent to Big Gold are not the result of any illegal activity within the UK or any other country.
- Any transaction will not cause Big Gold Ltd to be in violation of any applicable law of any country.
- Will only send items containing gold, silver, platinum or palladium materials.
- Will not send hazardous materials.
- Will not send gold, silver or platinum plated items.
- All items sent to Big Gold must be via Royal Mail special delivery and posted using the padded bag and special delivery envelope sealed correctly including ALL necessary required information contained in the Big Gold pack.
- When packaging your items, you must:
- Place all valuable items in the provided padded bag.
- Complete all fields contained on the provided valuation form, including listing the number of items being sent, payment method details and customer declaration.
- Place completed valuation form and valuables into the provided Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope.
- When posting your order
- All items must be posted from a Post Office branch.
- You are responsible for obtaining proof of delivery and weight of package from the Post Office.
- All items must be correctly sealed using the provided padded bag and sent to Big Gold Ltd, PO BOX 232, Wisbech, PE14 4EX.
- Special Delivery Envelopes supplied by us are prepaid by us and include up to £750 of insurance from the Royal Mail. Insurance may be invalidated without proof of postage.
- Big Gold Ltd reserves the right to cancel any order that contains incorrectly completed valuation forms or incorrectly packaged items.
- Big Gold Ltd reserves the right to reject any delivery that appears damaged, opened or tampered with in any way. Any rejected packages will either be automatically returned to the customer either by Royal Mail or by us at our cost. Big Gold Ltd accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of items returned in this way.
- All items sent to Big Gold Ltd are at the customer's own risk although they are insured by Royal Mail for up to £750.00 until received and signed for by Big Gold Ltd.
- If you think your items may be worth more you can take out additional insurance at the post office for providing cover for either £1000.00 or £2500.00 at a small additional cost of which we will refund when we buy your items, you will need to retain your receipt. If Big Gold Ltd does not purchase your items no refund can be given for extra insurance. It is the customer's responsibility to provide a receipt for additional postage costs to firstname.lastname@example.org. This offer is only valid if a receipt is provided to Big Gold Ltd before payment has been made.
- Valuation process
- Once your items have been received, our professional valuers will process, grade into carats and determine the weight of your items.
- Sometimes it may be necessary to test certain items of gold silver and platinum, particularly items over 25 grams in weight this may leave slight staining and scratches. For particularly large items, such as bullion, we may be required to bore a small test hole.
- By sending your items to Big Gold Ltd, you agree for us to begin testing when your items are received by us. Big gold Ltd is not liable for any damage caused or devaluation of items during the testing process.
- Once we have received your items, we will begin the valuation process. Once completed, we will communicate our valuation by email, typically the same working day (Mon-Fri 09:00-18:00, excluding public holidays.
- All valuations will only be valid until 13:00 PM the following working day.
- Once you have accepted our offer the goods may be melted immediately so your acceptance is legally binding on both of us and is irrevocable.
- Once you have accepted our offer any items that have no value, will not be automatically returned unless specifically requested within 24 hours of accepting our valuation. All requests must be made to email@example.com.
- Please note that if you reject the offer and 50% or more of the items have no value there will be a £15.00 return postage/admin fee.
- If all the items have no value there will be a £15.00 return postage fee or we can dispose of them free of charge.
- If after 28 days of the offer being made you have not accepted or rejected our offer, we will send payment by cheque to the name and address provided. If you do not want to accept the payment you have 14 days to return the payment and your items will be returned to you.if you have not returned payment we will assume the offer has been accepted and the items will go to melt.
- It normally costs more to remove stones from its setting than it’s valued therefore we do not pay for stones. We advise that if you wish to keep any of your stones, remove them prior to sending.
- We will send any cash payments by Royal Mail Special Delivery to the name and address provided on the valuation form. This will require a signature on receipt. Any payments will be made in British bank notes. We will automatically deduct a £10.00 processing and postage fee from your valuation if you choose cash payment options. Cash is typically posted within 24 hours of accepting our offer.
- We will send any cheque payments to the address provided on the valuation form. All cheques will be made payable to the name on the valuation form. We will not make cheques out to any other person. All cheques will be sent via Royal Mail 1st Class delivery. Typically cheques are posted within 24 hours of accepting our offer. We do not charge for payments by cheque.
- Direct bank transfer
- We will make payment via electronic bank transfer to the account details provided on the completed valuation form. Bank transfers will be scheduled within 24 hours of accepting our offer.
- Returned items
- In the unlikely event, you do not accept our offer, your goods will be returned to you at our cost within 5 working days from when you declined our offer.
- If at later date you decide to resend the same items we will not be able to guarantee the original offer price as the gold price fluctuates daily.
- If you decline the 2nd offer Big Gold Ltd may at its discretion to charge a £15.00 admin fee to return your items.
- If the Royal Mail are unable to obtain a signature for returned items they will leave a card, the package will be returned to a local delivery office and it must be collected within a specified time if not collected the items will be returned to us. On receipt we will contact you to rearrange delivery however there will be an additional £15.00 fee to cover admin and delivery costs.
- Payment must be made within 21 days of us contacting you or Big Gold Ltd reserve the right to purchase the items at the current gold rate less a £20.00 admin fee.
- Loss/return policy
- Big gold Ltd is not liable for any items becoming lost or damaged in transit. In this unlikely event, Big Gold Ltd will provide all relevant documentation and assist where required in order to make a claim from the courier for the replacement or repair of the items. The customer must agree to provide all such information as we or the return carriers insurance company may reasonably request in order to process the claim.